Returning from winter break marks the beginning of scholarship season! I like to think about quarter 3 as scholarship season because this is the time that seniors should be completing scholarship applications to pay for college or university. Today, the Google Classroom Scholarship Page has 21 applications and links for seniors to consider, and a few of those links have even more scholarships for students to apply for. Between now and early April, local community organizations will begin sending me even more scholarships for seniors, and most scholarship due dates land between late February and mid-April.
So if you have a senior that is interested in college or university:
- Make sure they have completed the student portion of their FAFSA (this is required to qualify for Pell Grants and many scholarships)
- Make sure you have completed the parent portion of your FAFSA (if you need help with this, please call the school and we can help you!)
- Make sure your senior has enrolled in the Google Classroom Scholarship page, using code bxy0npd
- Make sure your senior is reading the requirements for all scholarships carefully, as they will not qualify for all of the scholarships listed. Encourage them to apply for as many scholarships as they qualify for from the Google Classroom page or elsewhere.
- Make sure your senior is paying attention to scholarship deadlines, which range anywhere from now until mid-April
As always, if you have any questions about how your child can best plan for their life after high school, please call the school to request an appointment with me or the high school team.