In grade 3-5 we are excited to be using a new program called Lexia® Core5® Reading. It is a fun computer-based program that has helped millions of students. The activities in Core5 support and build on our classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Here’s how Lexia Core5 Reading works:
- Your child begins Core5 at a starting point that fits his or her needs and works in online activities throughout the week.
- Online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the program is reported so teachers can provide help when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be done in school or brought home.
- Achievement certificates may be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program.
Lexia® Core5® Reading can be used at home for extra practice.
Getting started is easy!
- To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com
- Teacher Email (for setup): email@example.com____________
- Username: ________Students first name or first initial and last name
- Password: __________Password is always (read)
If you have a question about your child’s username or password, please contact Mrs. Tiedeman: firstname.lastname@example.org or text Mrs. Tiedeman at 928-713-6493
It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, we can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
Click the link below if you would like to learn more about Lexia Core 5
Below is an example of the students home page. It shows the students progress.
This is one of the activities
These are a few of the high interest stories that students will read when learning a skill.